LEBANESE GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE
Prep: 30 min (boil and mash a potato); Cook: 10 minTotal Time: 40 min
Easy - Vegetarian
Yield: Serves 4 - 6
For garlic lovers. This is a thick paste, made as a dip for your grilled chicken or skewered meat. Better if prepared a few hours in advance.
Low speed food processor; or some way to crush garlic fine and mix ingredients well.
- 1/4 cup mashed potato
- 8 - 10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 TBSP mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP plain yoghurt
- 1 TBSP lemon juice or to taste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- CRUSH the garlic to a paste.
- ADD mashed potato and salt and mix well.
- ADD mayonnaise, youghurt and lemon juice. Mix well.
- TASTE. You are looking for a very thick, creamy paste that you can dip into or spread on pocket bread with chicken or meat.
- *Store up to 2 days in refrigerator.