'AGEE - LEBANESE OMLETTE
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 6 min
Total Time: 16 min
Tasty, easy to make; you can also take of a picnic as these omlettes are good cold.
Non-stick skillet, mixing bowl.
- 4 eggs
- 2 TBSP good olive oil
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 1/2 TBSP fresh mint finely chopped (or 3/4 TBSP dry)
- 3 TBSP fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 2 TBSP)
- 2 TBSP water
- 1/2 tsp bhar helou OR 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- few grinds of black pepper
- LIGHTLY beat the eggs, add and beat in flour, then add and mix in water.
- ADD rest of ingredients and mix well.
- HEAT 1/2 olive oil in non stick skillet over medium heat. Add ingredients and reduce heat to low. Cook until omlette begins to firm, 2 - 3 mintues. Add rest of oil, flip and cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes. Omlette should be lightly browned on both sides.
- SERVE alone, or with pita bread and other 'mezze' plates.