LEMON CREAM PASTA SAUCE WITH OPTIONAL HOT PEPPER
Preparation - Easy
Saucepan, pasta pot, strainer.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind plus some shredded, to garnish
- 1/2 - 1 TBSP pepperoncino (hot, red pepper flakes) optional, to taste
- 2 T finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T chopped fresh chives
- COMBINE the cream, chicken stock, lemon rind and hot pepper (optional) in a pan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced and thickened slightly.
- WHILE the sauce is reducing, cook the pasta.
- DRAIN the pasta and return to pot.
- ADD the sauce and herbs (chives and parsley) to the spaghetti and toss to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with finely shredded lemon rind.