GREEK COUNTRY SALAD RECIPE
Prep: 15 mins; Easy
Refreshing and satisfying summer salad.
Large ceramic or glass (non-reactive) mixing bowl.
- 2 medium sized Persian cucumbers, sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 cup tomatoes coarse dice
- 1/4 medium sized red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano or thyme or a mix or 1/2 tsp fresh
- 1/2 inch jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 - 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 10 or more seedless Kalamata olives cut in half
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves in pieces
- 3/4 cup feta in small pieces
- 1 TBS Lemon juice
- 3 TBS Olive oil
TOSS cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, oregano/thyme, jalapeno, radishes and olives in large glass or ceramic bowl.
ADD lettuce, cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and toss again.
TASTE and adjust ingredients, toss again.
SERVE with good French, Italian or pita/Arabic bread.