HOW TO COOK PASTA
- Use a big pot.
- Use 4 quarts of water for each pound of pasta.
- Use 2 T salt for each 4 quarts of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the salt.
- When the water returns to the boil, throw in the pasta. Stir occasionally.
For dry pasta, start tasting after about 6 minutes (fresh pasta after 2 minutes) - fish out a piece of pasta and bite it - it should be resistent (al dente or "to the tooth"), not crunchy, not completely soft.
- Drain and serve. Some cooks reserve a bit of the cooking water to use if the sauce is too dry.
CONTROL 'P' TO PRINT