- Use European (brown or green) lentils unless otherwise specified.
- 1 cup of cooked lentils = 1/2 cup (1/4 pound) of uncooked lentils.
- Pick over lentils to make sure they are free of tiny stones (should not be a problem with good quality lentils), and rinse well under cold water.
- For every cup of lentils use at least 1 1/2 cups cold water.
- Put lentils in saucepan, add water, bring to boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, until tender. Taste a few to be sure.
| ||CONTROL 'P' TO PRINT