BROILED PORCINI or PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM CAPS
Porcini al forno
Preparation - Medium
Delicious and filling as an appetizer or a first course.
- 4 Porcini mushroom caps
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- chopped parsley
- chopped garlic
- 4 T shaved Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground pepper
- Clean the mushroom caps well and allow to dry.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Chop the parsley and the garlic - how much of each depends on your own taste, but I would allow 1 t parsley and 1 clove of garlic per mushroom cap.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a cookie sheet or oven-proof dish - you can layer with tinfoil if you wish.
- Brush the bottoms and sprinkle with tops of the mushrooms with olive oil and scatter chopped parsley/garlic on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange mushrooms on tray and place under broiler for about 4 minutes - until they are sizzling and the garlic just begins to change color. Add the shaved cheese, return to oven, and broil for an additional minute, until cheese is melted but not browned.
- Serve - you can have additional olive oil and grated cheese on the table.