- RINSE chicken breasts under cold running water, drain, put on paper towel. Pat dry (they brown better when dry).
- SLICE the chicken breasts to desired thickness, or place between plastic wrap and pound to desired thickness.
- SPRINKLE lightly with salt and pepper.
- HEAT butter and olive oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts. Sautée for about two minutes per side. REMOVE to a warm platter; you can place platter in warm oven.
- ADD lemon and wine to pan; DEGLAZE (Dissolve the remaining bits of food) the pan using a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape. This is the basis for your sauce.
- BRING to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low.
- RETURN chicken breasts to pan for 1/2 minute per side. Remove to warm serving platter.
- POUR pan juices over chicken. Garnish with parsley.
VARIATION (just after deglazing):
Add 1/2 cup thinly sliced sauteed mushrooms.
1 TBS Parsley, finely chopped, as garnish.