EASY BEEF TACO RECIPE
Preparation - Easy
Serves 4 - 6
These are served on corn tortillas - check here for flour tortillas (burritos). You can also serve with rice, or rice and beans, or over spaghetti.
Two-quart or larger heavy pot, casserole or saucepan with cover.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves. minced
- 1/2 diced bell pepper (optional)
- 1 diced medium onion
- 12 corn tortillas
- IN saucepan, add ground beef, salt, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika, enough water to cover meat.
- BRING to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer over medium low heat for about an hour - checking occasionally for liquid level, beef should be just covered with liquid.
- AFTER 1 hour, add 1/2 medium chopped onion, 1/2 medium chopped bell pepper. Continue cooking 20 or 30 more minutes - if mixture is too liquid for your taste, reduce by continuing to simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally to reduce to desired consistency.
- SOFT BEEF TACOS: Heat oil in skillet. Cook corn tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil until soft, about 10 to 15 seconds; drain.
- SPOON 2 - 3 Tablespoons of the beef taco meat in center of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over meat; or roll up like an enchilada
- SERVE with any of the following toppings or sides: lettuce, salsa, chopped tomatoes, yoghurt, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, fresh or pickled jalapeno peppers, grated parmesan cheese.