SWISS CHARD AND CHICKPEA SOUP RECIPE
Serves 2 - 4
Simple, fresh, nourishing soup.INGREDIENTS:
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 bunch (4 cups) washed, coarsely cut Swiss chard
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 2 T lemon juice
- Peperoncino, small piece (optional)
- Place washed and chopped Swiss chard in pot along with chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer till nearly soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, nutmeg and peperoncino adding more liquid if needed or to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, check for seasoning.
- Serve with toasted Italian-style bread
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved