QUICK & EASY CHICKEN TERIYAKI RECIPE
Sautéed Chicken Teriyaki recipe.
Prep: 7 mins (up to 1 hour if marinating); Cook: About Cook: 6 - 8 mins; Total Time: 15 min
Quick & Easy
Yield: Serves: 1 - 2 (multiply for more)
Delicious for lunch or dinner; see also grilled or broiled.
Bowl for marinating, heavy skillet.
- Chicken breast, rinsed off, dried on paper towels and thinly sliced or placed between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pounded to desired thicknesss
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP peanut or canola oil
- 3 TBSP teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or 2 tsp hot pepper flakes - to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground or minced ginger (optional)
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- RINSE chicken under cold running water, pat dry.
- PLACE in bowl w/ other ingredients.
- MIX well, marinate for 1/2 - 1 hour.
- IN heavy skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- ADD chicken slices.
- COOK for 2-3 minutes depending on thickness.
- TURN over, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- POUR on teriyaki marinade, cook for additional minute, turning once.
- FOR sauce: scrape up the bits and pieces.
Serve: goes well with soba noodles and steamed or stir fried broccoli or snow peas.