Preparation - Easy
Delicious and quick seafood pasta.
- 1 lb Bay scallops, if large scallops, quarter (frozen scallops work well, but must be defrosted and dried off with paper towels)
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 - 5 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 inch-piece chili pepper or pepper flakes), more to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 T fresh parsley (optional), chopped
- 1 T fresh thyme or oregano, finely chopped or a pinch dry
5 sun-dried tomatoes cut in thin strips, (optional)
- 12 oz (3/4 package) lb angel hair pasta
HEAT 2 T olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
ADD scallops and sauté for 3 minutes over high heat or till scallops are firm.
REMOVE and set in bowl.
ADD remaining olive oil to skillet.
ADD garlic, chili peppers and herbs.
SAUTÉ till garlic gold in color, about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
REDUCE heat to medium.
RETURN scallops to skillet.
ADD wine, a little at a time till desired moistness achieved.
SIMMER for 1 to 3 minutes or until slightly reduced.
TEST for seasoning adding salt as necessary.
ADD optional tomatoes.
COOK a further minute.
TASTE for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper to taste.
PLACE cooked pasta in a warm serving bowl and pour the hot sauce over. Toss well and serve immediately onto warm plates.
IDEALLY you add the pasta to the skillet with the scallops and toss thoroughly serving directly from the skillet.
VARIATION: Add some shrimp to scallops.