Prep: 10; Cook: 20
Broccoli Soup Recipe
Preparation - Medium
This delicious and satisfying soup has several variations... follow your palate!
Heavy saucepan, small saucepan, blender or food processor.
- 8 cups small broccoli florets (about a pound)
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 large onion chopped (optional)
- 2 TBS olive oil or butter
- 2 cups 2% fat milk - or 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or cheddar
PUT broccoli and chicken broth in a saucepan.
(Optional) SAUTÉ onions in oil or butter till transparent and add to broccoli and broth.
BRING to a simmer, simmer till broccoli is soft, about 4 minutes.
PUT broccoli mixture in food processor, 1 or 2 cups at a time, process till smooth.
RETURN pureed mixture to saucepan.
ADD milk to broth and broccoli, stir till well-blended and slightly thickened.
SIMMER for 2 to 3 minutes.
ADD lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
STIR, serve with a sprinkling of cheese on top.
*VARIATION add a dollop of sour cream instead of the cheese
Cookbook we like:
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved