Preparation - Medium
Serves 4 - 6
- 2 T butter if cooking the meat
- 10 oz.sliced pork, beef, veal or chicken, or mixture, cooked and finely diced or passed through a grinder
- 1/2 pound spinach, cleaned, cooked and well drained. Or use frozen, cooked. Volume, well squeezed, should be about the size of an egg
- 1 T ground Parmesan
- 1 oz of prosciutto, finely diced
- 2 oz Italian salami, finely diced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 T Marsala
- 1/2 t salt, pepper to taste
- dash of ground nutmeg
Sautee the meat in butter, if uncooked.
With a wooden spoon in a non-reactive bowl (glass, ceramic) mix the diced meats, the egg yolk, Parmesan cheese, spinach, prosciutto, salame, Marsala, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. Set aside, covered, until ready to stuff the pasta.