makes 1 1/2-2 cups
Tomatillo Salsa Verde Recipe
If you like Southwestern Cooking - this green sauce is a must! Best if you can roast the tomatillos over charcoal.INGREDIENTS:
- 4 medium to large tomatillos
- 1/2 of a white onion roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loose packed cilantro leaves
- juice of one lime
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and roughly chopped
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your broiler (or prepare and grill on charcoal, if you prefer). Remove papery husks and stems from the tomatillos and cut them in half. Line a baking pan with foil and place tomatillo halves cut side down in the pan.
- Broil tomatillos 6-8 minutes, until flesh is charred and they are very easily pierced with a fork.
- Place tomatillos, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno and sugar into a blend and puree about 10-20 seconds (until well mixed). Taste, add salt and pepper if desired and mix once more.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved