Preparation - Easy
This recipe was invented in Treviso, near Venice, about 20 years ago. Widely popular, there are as many versions of Tiramisu' as there are cooks who make it! Best if refrigerated overnight before serving. NOTE: Uses RAW eggs!INGREDIENTS:
- 4 T rum, or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee, like espresso
- 2 T brandy (optional)
- 6 to 20 ladyfingers (savoiardi)
- 1 lb mascarpone
- 2 eggs, with the yolks and whites separated
- 5 T confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 ounces dark chocolate, pulverized in a blender, or powdered cocoa
- Arrange the lady fingers in a shallow dish. Mix 2 tablespoons of the rum with the coffee and brandy and sprinkle this mixture on the ladyfingers; they should be very moist but not soggy.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg yolks and the confectioner' sugar and the remaining rum to the mascarpone and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry then fold into the mascarpone mixture. Spoon the mixture over the ladyfingers and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered chocolate or cocoa just before serving.
Per serving: Calories 415 - Protein 9g - Total Fat 26g - Sodium 94mg - Cholesterol 321mg - Carbohydrates 37g - Fiber - 0
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved