Preparation - MEDIUM - CAN PREPARE AHEAD
"You can serve this with polenta, mashed potatoes, rice or anything that will sop up the sauce, such as slices of grilled country bread," writes Bastianich. "The dish tastes even better if it is cooked in advance and then allowed to cool and rest in the pot. Reheat just before serving. If you have some left over, try pulling the remaining chicken off the bone and returning it to the sauce, and bringing it to a boil; after letting it all cook for a few minutes, you'll have a great dressing for pasta such as rigatoni or shells."
- 1 lb frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 chicken, in pieces about 4 pounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon peperoncino flakes, or to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups (or 28 ounces) canned Italian plum tomatoes, preferably San Marzano, crushed by hand (reserve the juices)
- Sprig Thyme or oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
Large, covered stew pot.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved