Pasta con carcioffi e olive nere
ARTICHOKE, BLACK OLIVES AND RICOTTA SAUCE
Preparation - Medium
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, drained and cut in eighths, or 6 canned artichoke bottoms thinly sliced
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed with the flat of your chef's knife
- 1/2 cup salt-cured black olives, pitted and chopped - do not use ripe olives
- 1 T fresh oregano or thyme, 1/4 t dried
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, broken up with a fork
- 1 lb pasta, such as rigatoni, farfalle or any flat pasta
- 6 quarts water
AS pasta cooks heat the olive oil in a saucepan and lightly brown the garlic over low heat.
STIR in the artichoke hearts, olives and the oregano or thyme with a wooden spoon.
COVER and cook over very low heat for 5 minutes. If sauce seems too dry add a teaspoon or two of the liquid in which the pasta cooks.
SALT to taste.
LASTLY, add the ricotta stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until heated through.
DRAIN the pasta and place in warm serving bowl.
ADD the sauce and a generous grinding of black pepper.
MIX well and serve.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved