TAGLIATELLE WITH LENTILS, PARSLEY AND GARLIC
Preparation - Easy
Vegetarian, Q&E with canned or pre-prepared lentils.
Use canned lentils or prepare your own dry lentils, which are tastier. Dry lentils are usually found in your market's rice and beans section. Rinse them off in a sieve, place in pot, cover with water, stir, bring to a boil, lower flame and simmer till tender, 25 -30 minutes. You can do this ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze.INGREDIENTS:
- 2 15oz cans lentils or 1 cup dry lentils, cooked
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled, or to taste
- 5 T fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb tagliatelle or fettuccine
- While pasta cooks, heat lentils.
- If cooking dry lentils reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Place lentils, 2 tablespoons lentil liquid, garlic, 4 T parsley, olive oil and seasoning in food processor.
- Puree till smooth but with texture.
- Test for seasoning.
- Drain pasta when done.
- Place in warm bowl and add the pureed lentil mixture. If you find it too dry add a little more liquid from the lentils or the pasta cooking water.
- Toss well and serve immediately.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley if you wish.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved