GHOSTLY GOULASH RECIPE
Prep: 15 - Cook: stew time!! (2 hours or more)
Christine's Ghostly Goulash.INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup Pillsbury 'Wondra' flour
- 2 lbs beef - 1 inch cubes
- 3 peppers, red/green, including pasilla (optional) - diced
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- canola oil or any vegetable oil for browning
- 4 or more TBS sweet paprika
- 1 bouillion cube plus hot water, or beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and black pepper
- sour cream when serving.
Large, heavy casserole or stewpot with cover, skillet(s) for browning and sautéeing ingredients.
- PUT flour in paper or plastic bag. Put in meat cubes, 8 - 10 at a time and shake well to coat with flour.
- HEAT the oil in one or two large skillets and brown the meat cubes on 2 or more sides. Use non-stick pan if you want to use less fat.
- REMOVE to large, heavy casserole that has a cover.
- IN skillet, sauté onions and peppers, add to meat in casserole over very low flame.
- SPRINKLE paprika, salt and pepper over goulash and toss.
- ADD hot water and bouillon cube - or hot beef broth - to cover ingredients.
- ADD bay leaves.
- BRING to very low simmer; cook, covered, for several hours. Taste for seasoning.
- REMOVE bay leaves, serve with pasta shells, penne, or similar and sour cream.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved