OMELET WITH POTATOES AND ZUCCHINI
Preparation - Easy; Prep: 10 - Cook: 15
Serves 2 - 4
An easy and tasty way to use up leftover potatoes, zucchini, leeks or other vegetables. A frittata can be prepared ahead of time and is good for picnics. Makes a wonderful meal with crusty Italian bread and a tomato salad. Can be served warm or at room temperature.INGREDIENTS;
- 1 cup peeled diced potatoes
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, cubed small
- 3 T Olive oil
- 4 eggs, light beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- PEEL and dice the potatoes. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, and cook the potatoes until soft but firm. Drain. Or use leftover, cooked potatoes, diced.
- IN a bowl, beat the eggs with salt, pepper, grated cheese.
- TURN on broiler to preheat.
- HEAT 2 T olive oil in a skillet that you can eventually place under the broiler.
- ADD the cubed zucchini. Cook till just tender and golden.
- ADD the potatoes and cook a further minute. Add and heat the rest of the olive oil.
- ADD the beaten egg seasoned with salt, pepper and the grated cheese.
- COOK on medium heat until the bottom of the frittata solidifies and the edges turn up.
- PLACE the skillet under the broiler to cook and brown the top.
- ALTERNATIVELY, if you have no broiler, place a flat plate over the skillet and turn the frittata onto the plate. Slide the omelet back into the pan with cooked side up.
- HEAT till cooked through.
Cookbook We Like:
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved