BRUSCHETTA WITH MOZZARELLA,
TOMATO AND BASIL
Preparation - Easy
Delicious, refreshing and easy to prepare. Lots of Italian restaurants serve bruschetta as an appetizer. Always best at home though, freshly made. Great with drinks before lunch or dinner.
Our ciabatta bread works well for bruschetta or crostini.
- Your favorite French or Italian bread cut in 1/2 inch slices (sometimes day-old bread toasts better)
- fresh, ripe, firm tomato, washed and coarsely chopped
- mozzarella cheese in small cubes
- fresh basil leaves, whole or shredded
- olive oil, extra virgin, the best
- garlic, peeled, whole (optional)
- salt to taste
RUB toast with a clove of garlic or not, depending on taste.
DRIZZLE with olive oil.Spoon chopped tomato and cubed mozzarella onto bread with some shredded fresh basil.
ALTERNATIVELY, place the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, garlic, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix.
SET bowl at table alongside the toasted bread and simply spoon on mixture.
Some prefer to use sliced rather than chopped tomato.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved