PASTA WITH ANCHOVY AND BREADCRUMBS
Prep & Cook: 25 min - Easy
- 1 2oz can flat anchovies packed in oil, drain and chopped
- 6 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, toasted
- 1/2 peperoncino or 1/4 t chili pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 lb thick spaghetti (spaghettoni ), bucatini or perciatelli
- salt to taste (sparingly, depending on the anchovies)
HEAT 3 T olive oil in a small pan and lightly toast breadcrumbs stirring to prevent burning.
REMOVE breadcrumbs, place in bowl, keep warm and set aside.
IN a large skillet or pan heat the rest of the olive oil.
ADD the peperoncino or flakes.
SAUTÉ for a minute.
ADD the anchovy, crushing with a fork into a paste.
MEANWHILE cook the pasta.
WHEN the pasta is done, drain, reserving some of the pasta water. Transfer to a warm bowl.
POUR sauce over pasta and toss well.
IF too dry for your taste add a tablespoon or two of the pasta cooking water to further moisten the pasta.
SPRINKLE breadcrumbs onto individual servings at table.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved