Preparation - Easy
FRESH ARUGULA, TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA
Simple and easy to make; depends on fresh tomatoes and arugula/basil.
- 3 1/2 cups penne or conchiglie (just under one package)
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced - about 2 cups
- 2 (5 oz) packages mozzarella, drained and diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 large handfuls of arugula, about 5 oz., torn in thirds (about 2 inches long) - alternatively you can also use 2 cups of shredded fresh basil leaves
- 6 TABLESPOONS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
COOK the pasta.
WHILE the pasta is cooking, put the tomatoes, arugula, mozzarella, olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Some cooks put the tomatoes to marinate a few hours earlier.
WHEN the pasta is cooked, drain well and turn into the bowl with the other ingredients.
TOSS well and serve.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved