TOMATO SAUCE WITH OREGANO RECIPE
Naples - Campagna
Preparation - Simple
Prep: 10 min - Cook: 30 min - Total: 40 min
Yield: Serves 4
'Pizzaiola' is any sauce in which oregano plays a major part - 'pizzaiola' because the sauce tastes like pizza topping. Here we have added meat to the basic tomato sauce.INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound ground beef, veal or pork
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small tin (15oz) tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tsp fresh, chopped
- sprig of fresh Italian parsley
- 3 TBSP good olive oil
- 1 pound pasta
- SET 6 quarts of water in a large pot to boil for the pasta.
- BROWN the meat in 1 T of the olive. When cooked, set the meat to one side and pour off the grease from the skillet.
- ADD remaining 2 T olive oil and sauté the garlic in the until golden.
- ADD the tomatoes (peeled and seeded if you are using fresh) and cook until reduced.
- ADD 2 T of kosher salt to the pasta water, return it to the boil, and cook the pasta 8 - 12 minutes.
- ADD the the oregano and parsley to the sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Add the meat, cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- DRAIN the cooked pasta. Pour a little of your sauce into the bottom of the service bowl and add the pasta.
- ADD the remainder of the sauce, stir well, and serve. Serve it with cheese if you like, but taste it first.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved