Preparation - Easy
FRESH TOMATOES WITH ONION AND BASIL
Summer season: a very simple sauce to prepare - especially tasty with ripe, fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. Drop the fresh tomatoes in boiling water for about a minute and a half to make them easier to peel.
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lb (about 3 cups) ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped (or 1 14oz can plum tomatoes, crushed)
- basil, fresh, 12 - 15 leaves shredded by hand (reserve some for garnish)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb pasta (best with fresh fettucine)
ADD tomatoes, basil (reserve a few leaves as a garnish), salt and pepper. Do not use dry basil instead of fresh. If you have none, omit altogether. Cook for 30 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
COOK the pasta.
DRAIN pasta, add to sauce, mix well, garnish with fresh basil and serve. Cheese is usually not served with this delicate dish.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved