ZUCCHINI WITH FARFALLE PASTA
Preparation - Easy
Quick, easy, delicious with fresh zucchini.
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and squashed
- peperoncino or pepper flakes to taste
- 2 t fresh oregano leaves, chopped or 1/2 t dry (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb farfalle
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese (optional)
S tart cooking the zucchini about 5 minutes before putting the water on to boil.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Sauté zucchini till cooked through and nicely browned, shake pan and turn pieces over.
Sprinkle with oregano and toss.
Add salt to taste.
Either remove zucchini, placing in a bowl, or use a smaller pan to heat the rest of the olive oil.
Brown the garlic adding the peperoncino when garlic golden.
Add garlic and peperoncino to zucchini.
Meanwhile cook the pasta.
When done, drain lightly reserving some of the cooking liquid.
Add pasta to zucchini in large pan and toss well.
Pass the cheese at table for those who wish it.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved