GREEN BEANS AND TOMATOES
Preparation - Easy
Very tasty with fresh or home-canned tomatoes.
- 1 lb green beans (broader Italian green beans - Romano, Runner - are tastier)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or allspice
- 3/4 cup water
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes or freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- WASH and break green beans into bite-size pieces.
- HEAT olive oil in a saucepan.
- ADD onions and sauté over medium heat till transparent, about 5 minutes.
- ADD green beans and sauté a further 5 minutes.
- ADD tomatoes, water, salt and spice.
- BRING to a simmer, cover and cook till beans achieve desired tenderness, about 1/2 an hour for Italian green beans, less for normal green beans.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved