Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Preparation - Easy
Serves 6 - 8
Can be prepared a day ahead, refrigerated and reheated either in microwave or on stovetop.INGREDIENTS:
- 6 medium-sized YAMS (about 3 lbs), washed and pierced with a fork
- 1/2 a stick BUTTER at room temperature
- 1 1/2 TBS LEMON JUICE
- 1 1/2 TBS ORANGE PEEL, grated
- 1 Orange peel in strips for garnish
- 1 tsp CINAMMON
- 3/4 tsp NUTMEG
- 1 tsp ALLSPICE
- 1/2 tsp SALT
- PEPPER, 2 or 3 grinds with the pepper mill
- PREHEAT oven to 400 F.
- PLACE yams on a sheet of tin foil on baking sheet.
- BAKE till soft; test with fork, about 1 hour.
- USING a spoon scoop out the flesh from halved potatoes into a bowl.
- ADD the rest of the ingredient.
- MIX until smooth using an electric beater.
- ADJUST salt and pepper. Can be prepared ahead to this point.
- COVER tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- REMOVE from fridge several hours before serving.
- HEAT in microwave covered with plastic wrap leaving a small opening in wrap for steam to escape.
- PLACE on a serving platter or bowl.
- GARNISH with orange peel strips.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved