CHICKEN MARSALA RECIPE
Yield: Serves 4
Delicious quick & easy chicken marsala recipe - use kosher or 'natural' chicken if you can.INGREDIENTS:
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts sliced in half or placed between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pounded to desired thickness
- 1 TBSP good olive oil
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1/4 cup marsala or white wine
- 1 - 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper (white or black) to taste
- 1 TBSP capers, rinsed, as garnish (or you can use chopped parsley)
- RINSE chicken breasts under cold running water, drain, put on paper towel. Pat dry (they brown better when dry).
- SLICE the chicken breasts to desired thickness, or place between plastic wrap and pound to desired thickness.
- SPRINKLE lightly with salt and pepper.
- HEAT butter and olive oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts. Sautée for about two minutes per side. REMOVE to a warm platter; you can place platter in warm oven.
- ADD lemon and wine to pan; DEGLAZE (Dissolve the remaining bits of food) the pan using a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape. This is the basis for your sauce.
- BRING to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low.
- RETURN chicken breasts to pan for 1/2 minute per side. Remove to warm serving platter.
- POUR pan juices over chicken. Garnish with parsley.
Add 1/2 cup thinly sliced sauteed mushrooms.
1 TBS Parsley, finely chopped, as garnish.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved