BLUSH OR LIGHT CREAM SAUCE
WITH TOMATO RECIPE
Prep: 10 min - Cook: 15 min - Total: 20 min
Yield: Serves 4
This is an evolved 'penne alla vodka' sauce and can be used in several different ways. We have found that half and half works well as the heavy cream element.INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 large onion finely chopped
- 3 TBS butter
- 2 TBS Italian tomato paste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or pecorino (extra for table)
- OPTIONAL: artichoke hearts, mushrooms etc.
- OPTIONAL; 1/4 cup vodka
- SET the pasta water to boil.
- HEAT half of butter. Sauté onions over medium/low heat, stirring frequently, until transparent. Do NOT brown.
- COOK the pasta.
- ADD rest of butter and tomato paste and vodka if using. Stir. Simmer gently for five minutes.
- ADD 1/2 tsp salt and (optional) hot pepper flakes.
- ADD half and half, stir.
- DRAIN cooked pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water to add to finished dish for more moisture (usually a few TBSP are enough).
- ADD pasta to sauce in cooking pan - add reserved pasta water as desired. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve. Pass cheese at table.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved