Lasagne al pomodoro
Preparation - Medium
- 1/2 lb packaged green or white lasagne
- 2 1/2 cups basic tomato sauce or meat sauce, more to taste
- 2 cups *béchamel sauce
- 3/4 cup Parmesan, pecorino and provolone, grated (or all of one kind if you prefer)
- 1 T unsalted butter
- Follow directions on package for cooking the lasagne.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Prepare the béchamel and keep warm. Blend 1/2 cup cheese into sauce.
- At the same time put the tomato sauce on to heat.
- Butter or oil bottom and sides of a rectangular 6x10 inch ovenproof dish.
- Cover the bottom with one layer of cooked lasagne lightly overlapping the lasagne sheets.
- Ladle on 3/4 tomato sauce spreading it evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Add 1/2 cup béchamel sauce and spread evenly.
- Repeat the process two more times.
- Finish with the remainder of the béhamel as the topmost layer.Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on the béchamel and dot with butter.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake a further 15 or more minutes till a light crust has formed on the surface.
Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated.
Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before placing in oven.
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 3 T flour
- 2 cups milk heated1/8 t nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Heat milk the milk in a saucepan or in the microwave and keep hot.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over very low heat till just bubbling.
- Remove from heat making sure butter does not turn brown or burn.
- Add the 1 tablespoon of flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon till smooth then add the rest of the flour and stir till smooth.
- Return to medium heat and add 1/4 cup of milk at a time. When milk is absorbed by the butter-flour mixture, add a little more increasing quantities as you go along.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste and continue stirring with the sauce at a slow bubble till sauce has the consistency of heavy cream.
- Remove from heat.
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved