Preparation - Easy; Time - 30 mins
TOMATO SOUP AND CREAMY TOMATO SOUP
Best with fresh, ripe tomatoes but you can also used canned.INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, scraped and finely diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cored, peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes OR 1 28 oz can, juice included
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 to 3 cups chicken, beef, or vegetable stock, preferably warmed
- fresh parsley or basil leaves finely chopped for garnish
- IN a saucepan or casserole large enough to hold the soup, heat the oil or butter; add the chopped carrot, onion and salt and pepper to taste and cook gently, stirring occasionally, until onion is transparent but NOT browned.
- ADD the tomatoes and the herb and cook until the tomatoes break up, about 10 minutes.
- ADD 2 cups of stock. (You may prepare the soup in advance up to this point. Cover, refrigerate for up to 2 days, and reheat before proceeding.)
- ADJUST seasoning; if the mixture is too thick, add a little warm stock or water.
- GARNISH and serve.
VARIATION: Cream of Tomato Soup - In the above variation, substitute 1 cup cream or mascarpone for the stock, added just before pureeing.
AMAZON BEST SELLER
Copyright © 2000,2012 e-rcps.com, All Rights Reserved